Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has directed that the online portal of the government’s job initiative, N-Power, be reopened June 17 to allow more unemployed Nigerians apply, the Minister of State, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, has said.
Mrs. Ahmed advised youth to apply for the Federal Government’s National Social Investment Programme (N-SIP).
The government says the programme has so far empowered over 1.6 million Nigerians through its four components, namely; N-Power, National Home Grown School Feeding Programme, Conditional Cash Transfer, and Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme.
The minister said each component of the programme would be scaled up this year.
“For example, in N-Power Scheme that 200,000 beneficiaries have been employed, we are supposed to increase it to 500,000 beneficiaries in 2017,” she said.